Having trouble determining the type of security door lock you have to repair or replace? To follow are some of the more common types of security door locks regularly seen in residential properties..
For further information and specifications on products regularly supplied and installed by ABC Locksmiths, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whitco Tasman Hinged
Many modern homes with a hinged security door lock will be fitted with a Whitco Tasman Security Door Lock.
- Suitable for both left and right hand opening doors
- Key operated from the outside and has a turn snib operation on the inside
- Key function on the inside which can override the snib operation
Austral Elegance Hinged
Some homes will be fitted with an Austral Ultimate or Elegance Hinged Security Door Lock. If you are unsure of which lock you have the easiest way to differentiate is by the latch. Ultimate has a hooked latch and Elegance has a square latch.
- Has interior locking snib
- Suits left or right hand openings
Whitco Screen Door Hinged
Some older style security doors may be fitted with an externally mounted screen security door lock. These are not fitted into the door, but attached on the outside of the door.
- Surface mounted and suitable for both inward and outward opening doors
- Reversible latch that suits both hands of doors
- Available with internal snib and external cylinder
Whitco Leichardt Sliding
The most common sliding security door lock is the Whitco Leichardt.
- Suitable for left and right hand openings
- Can be used for single or multi point fixings
- Deadlocking from both sides
- Offers automatic latching
- Has internal snib